"Some recommendations are:
– Become self-aware. Gaining an objective understanding of your abilities, preferences values and interests is a fundamental
step in determining the best career fit.
– Benchmark the type of work you perform in your organization with comparable work in a similar organization.
– Identify what is detracting you from your job satisfaction.
– Learn how to talk to a manager about what is satisfying in your work or identify roles/responsibilities that
– Develop a relationship with a career counselor who can provide objective feedback on career expectations."
While some people cannot control their job satisfaction, some can. Job satisfaction affects the worker's motivation. This makes it very important, in addition to the previously mentioned. I think that this is a matter that should be more widely discussed and considered.
sources: www.careervision.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Feb. 2010.